Friday, February 12, 2010

Repurpose: Mantel Clock

We got this adorable clock for our wedding, but the hands fell off inside the glass. I tried so hard, but there was no way the glass part was opening. So I had to get rid of it. I loved the shape of this clock so much tho, I thought it would be fun to repurpose it!






So I cut out a piece of (some awesome blue/brown toile!!) paper to fit inside the back piece. 










Then I grabbed this diaper box before My hubby took it to the trash-


I tore off on the sides, took some Jute Twine and hot glue --> and made an H (for our last name). I made two different ones, cuz I wasn't sure of how they would turn out. 

I cut them out after they dried, and picked the one on the left. (I'm glad I took a picture of it, otherwise I don't know how long it would have taken me to realize I missed some parts while cutting.)



I hot glued it onto the paper...





Then I  added to the top of my new tv hutch (which I need to show everyone what I did to it!!) with my 50 cent candle holders...which still need things on top. But that will have to be another day...




I really love it because it adds some texture in the room, and its pretty darn unique!! 














Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment