Saturday, October 10, 2009

Elmo Cupcakes

My toddler is obsessed with Elmo- he has his bday party earlier this week and I decided to make some cupcakes.

So, here are my elmo cupcakes. I'm pretty proud of myself. The pictures don't do them justice... cuz my camera can't quite capture the "fur" which looked awesome...if i do say so myself. =) I started with white cupcakes Made some eyes! (white necco wafers and black gel frosting) Piped on the fur. I LOVE piping. I never knew... Added a nose... Attached the eyes... And finally...the mouth. Which was a pain. I really wanted to do the mouth with black pull&peel twizzlers....but apparently they don't make those anymore. So... after much deliberation I went with chocolate sprinkles.

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look awesome. my best friend's little one loves Elmo and her birthday is coming up.I am the one who always makes her cakes....this year Elmo cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute... My little boy's birthday is coming up soon and he loves "Melmo"... Thanks for the step by step -

    ReplyDelete